At Challenger we believe all gamers should have an opportunity to enhance their experience with cash contests without radically changing how/where/when they play. With this belief guiding us, we’ve built a first of its kind in-game contest engine that automatically tracks results for users and provides real-time notifications for scores. This is made possible through the combination of our Windows app for contest configuration and data collection, our AI (computer vision, deep learning, machine learning) to understand in-game interactions, and our python data processing running on a performant and scalable GCP tool chain.
As an Engineer at Challenger you will be able to use a combination of leading edge technologies to deliver an experience unlike any other in the video gaming market. We’re a small team of passionate technologists and gamers, chasing ambitious goals in a very fun industry that has not yet realized the potential of cash gaming.
You are energized and motivated by the opportunity to build cool software. You enjoy seeing your creation come to life and be used by thousands. You crave tough challenges in a super technical and collaborative environment that requires creativity and vision to navigate complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
You are a talented, experienced software engineer with a handle on good software design, a knack for solving difficult problems in complex multi-component systems, and an interest in learning new things.
You are happy in a team-oriented environment where collaboration between developers and across teams is common; where giving and receiving of feedback, and constructive debate are actively encouraged. You feel a personal stake in the product you ship; with a passion for building great things and a drive to continually improve, be productive, and be proud of the work you deliver.
If this sounds like you, then join our team and let’s create something game changing!
We are seeking a software engineer specialized in developing high performance applications for Windows.
This is a growth position to lead the ongoing development of our windows application with the potential to shape the direction of a company which is positioned for major expansion within the eSports and overall gaming industry. You will have the opportunity to drive it to best in class status. This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly-skilled software engineer.
We are looking for Engineers that have a range of experience building applications for Windows, including C#, C++, XAML, WPF, UWP, etc. In addition to the primary UI, some of the application’s functionality involves acting as an overlay on the video games, which displays notifications and can be called up while a user plays a video game.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience connecting frontend components to microservices infrastructure and integrating with design.
An ideal candidate will have B2C experience, having written / contributed to Windows applications that end-consumers use.
- Writing and testing code, including writing unit tests
- Build, enhance, and test our next-generation system software products on Windows
- Multi-tiered architecture integrations
- Performance tuning of our public-facing Windows application(s)
- Integration of internal and 3rd party libraries / APIs
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Test the efficiency, reliability, and performance of software
- Identify performance failure points and implement performance optimizations
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- 5+ years in software design, development, testing, and delivering in C/C++, C#, .NET, XAML and related technologies
- Expertise in applying design / creative content as provided from a graphic designer to an application UI
- Experience and perspective on the creation of cross-program GUI overlays
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to work effectively as a remote team member
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- The ideal candidate is passionate, engaging, organized, and self-motivated; they love gaming and are enthusiastic about building something that will have a major impact on the video game industry and gamers around the world
- Experience video game related development or integration work
- Experience translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications